Saturday, August 27, 2011

Did You Know Sophia Loren Wrote Two Cookbooks?


Well I didn't :)

(1998)"Sophia Loren's Recipes and Memories".


(1972)"In the Kitchen with Love".


I would loooove to get my hands on her books <3

If you have one, tell me if it worth putting the books on my Christmas wish list :D

Sophia is a real woman in every sens of the word. See some of her quotes:

"I've never tried to block out the memories of the past, even though some are painful. I don't understand people who hide from their past. Everything you live through helps to make you the person you are now."

"Sex appeal is 50% what you've got and 50% what people think you've got."

"The two big advantages I had at birth were to have been born wise and to have been born in poverty."

"Cooking is an act of love, a gift, a way of sharing with others the little secrets -- "piccoli segreti" -- that are simmering on the burners."

"A woman's dress should be like a barbed wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view."

"Many people think they want things, but they don't really have the strength, the discipline. They are weak. I believe that you get what you want if you want it badly enough."

Gotta love her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment