Saturday, September 4, 2010

SSB: Nigella Lawson

I'm more of a Jamie Oliver fan, but I have heard a few things about Nigella. Although curious, I never reserved the time to look her work up, until I accidentally stumbled upon her thoughts on cooking on www.channel4.com.
I must admit that I recognise myself in these thoughts.

"I am not a chef. I am not even a trained or professional cook. My qualification is as an eater."
(How To Eat)

"Cooking is not about just joining the dots, following one recipe slavishly and then moving on to the next. It's about developing an understanding of food, a sense of assurance in the kitchen, about the simple desire to make yourself something to eat. And in cooking, as in writing, you must please yourself to please others. Strangely it can take enormous confidence to trust your own palate, follow your own instincts. Without habit, which itself is just trial and error, this can be harder than following the most elaborate of recipes. But it's what works, what's important."
(How To Eat)

"I'm not interested in barking instructions: this isn?t meant to be a monologue. As I've said before, I want to be there in the kitchen with you; my words are merely my side of the conversation I imagine we might have."
( Nigella Bites)

Oh, that is exactly the way I feel about cooking!

Not to mention she is hot!




I think I will search up one of her books to see what kind of recipes she recommends.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment