Saturday, September 25, 2010

SSB: Baked Potatoes - Jamie Oliver style

yes, I know, I am a traitor. I said I'll come back with a recipe and I didn't. Mea culpa!
BUT to recuperate, today I will post two recipes :D

So, first I choose a simple yet very tasty recipe which can be done regardless of season: Baked Potatoes.
Even if this is a widely popular recipe, everyone has a different way to do it.
I usually just bake a potato in tinfoil with some butter. Before you put this in the oven or on the barbecue don't forget to make some wholes in the potato with a fork, the butter will go in deeper in it and taste better even in the centre of the it, no just on the surface.
Jamie's version is even better, because it gets the butter and the herbs taste into the potato evenly.
I found the recipe over here, on his site and I had to try ;)

So for two persons U'll need:

2 bigger potatoes (or 4 if you have smaller ones)
2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons of butter
pepper and salt
thyme (or other herbs that you prefer)
optional: bacon or ham (whatever you prefer)

Chop up the garlic and slice the potato into 1 cm slices (not too thin though).


Spread the slices out on the tinfoil and put a bit of butter, garlic and herbs on each slice. Also, a bit of salt, pepper and the bacon if you choose to use some ;)




Now, reassemble the potato (I feel like a kid who disassembled the toy just to see what's in it :)))


Wrap up the tinfoil around the potato.


Pun in the oven at a medium heat for 30-45 minutes or onto the barbecue and enjoy when it's done ;)




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment